We have all heard the metaphor “the smell of freshly baked bread sells home”. Even though, it might be a little cliché, there is the truth behind this saying. The smell of freshly baked bread brings to mind images of cosy homes. Before sellers could start thinking about adding smells to their homes for sale and creating the ideal sensory ambience, it is important that their property is properly cleaned and beautifully furnished. Many developers spend a lot of money to furnish show homes. They want them to look their absolute best for the potential buyers who walk through the door. That is where homestaging comes in.
Homestaging is a method of home decorating meant to highlight the property’s most impressive assets and help buyers find their home. Homestaging is one of the best ways to make potential buyers visualize the property as their next home by creating emotional connection points throughout the home. People do not just buy houses; they buy a story of what their life would be like in a new home. According to the latest UK Home Staging report, homestaging increases the number of viewings for 94%. 75% of home buyers spend more time viewing a home that is staged, as opposed to a non-staged home and a staged home sells up to 3 times faster than a non-staged home.
With so much to gain, it is best to let the professionals do light decoration of the home for sale, as they know all of the tricks and they also research the market and aim at your buyer. For example, if the property is in "up-and-coming" area, you might consider decorating it in boho-rustic style with industrial hint to aim for younger first-time-buyer. If your house is in an arts district with a lot of galleries and art studios around, you might consider furnishing it in the style which is pleasing to the senses, aesthetic contemplation and aesthetic experience and which will attract artists.
Many sellers cannot be objective when they are putting their home on the market. It is understandable, because many personal memories have been made it that home. Therefore, it might be hard for them to market their home effectively. The professionals will ensure that the property is packed in a way that is appealing to potential buyers and the property will have a much better chance of selling quickly and for the best price.
A good estate agent can also provide the advice as of what in the area sells better and what home improvements the sellers might consider before putting their home for sale. Good estate agents should be able to impress sellers with their local knowledge and expertise in selling houses. Furthermore, there are companies specialising in furniture packs for rent and to buy for faster homestaging solutions, along with decor and accessories. Statistics have shown that properties that are staged with well-chosen furniture sell faster and for better prices than those that are vacant.
When staging a house, one should take into consideration the following tips:
1. Add few homey touches such as plants or vases with freshly cut flowers and a bowl of fruit on a side table. Plants make a great decoration. Not only will they light an area but come in different colours to extend the colour scheme of your interior décor.
2. Smell matters! Fragrance your home with pleasant scent, but not overpowering. One of the easiest ways to evoke pleasant feelings about a space is to enhance the way it smells. It is often the first thing a person will notice upon entering a space—and it’s one of the things that, when done poorly, can kill a sale, no matter how beautiful the home. Avoid having different scents competing with one another in various rooms. One neutral, mild scent will give your home flow and connectivity.
3. Take window dressing seriously and make sure the privacy and "good look" is at present when it comes to the windows. Nothing can ruin a room’s vibe faster than ugly, outdated window treatments.
4. Hire professional cleaners. When selling a house, proper homestaging starts with getting it sparkling clean.
5. Add extra lighting to dark places. It is well known that bright rooms make people feel happier and vibrant and they increase the odds of getting your home sold.
6. Tidy and declutter every room. Many people cannot see through other people's stuff. Overwhelming clutter makes it hard for prospective buyers to see the true potential of a home. A cluttered home can also give house hunters the impression that a home is dirty.
IH INTERIORS team work with property professionals to furnish various projects: student accommodation, guest houses, B&Bs, hotels, show homes, serviced accommodation, rental and residential properties. You may choose from a vast range of packages or build your own to suit your individual needs.
We offer 3 different types of furniture packages: Silver, Gold and Platinum. You may use them for furnishing your home office, single bedroom, double bedroom, studio apartment, nursery/kids room, one-bedroom property, two-bedroom property, or three-bedroom property. We have few different options for two-bedroom properties and three-bedroom properties.
Silver Package includes everything you need to comfortably furnish your property and is excellent value. And if you are not sure what will fit into your property, all you need to do is send us your floor plans and we will advise you.
Gold Furniture Package is IH INTERIORS’ bestselling invention and offers quality and comfortable furniture for your property. It includes an on-trend lighting and a classic bedroom set.
Platinum Package provides a complete top-notch solution to furnishing your property. Stunning furniture with high-quality finishes giving a high-end luxury feel for you or your tenants.
All our packages include free delivery, assembly and installation. Don’t forget that you can create your own pack by calling our skilled team or emailing us today so we can advise you every step of the way.
The benefits of buying your furniture package from us are that it is entirely tailored to your property and styled by an interior designer. Whatever your goal is we will build the most suitable package for your space! Simply send us a photo and floor plan of the space you would like us to furnish and select a package from Silver, Gold or Platinum. We will create the best suitable package for you at great value!